New Feature:


Now anytime you see this link, click it to download the 7DV google earth file to see the locations of events and posts on the blog

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hitachi Theft-proof Projector

How can you not love design after looking at this thing. The Hitachi ED-x10 isn't like most projectors that try to look all "good" and "sexy". Nope, this one says, much like the poisonous animals in nature, "I'm ugly, don't touch me". Designed for use in schools and colleges, the ED is built to foil theives. In addition to its orange exterior, it comes equipped with an digital PIN locking system (yeah, you have to key in a PIN to use it) and a steel security bar. I just think it's cool when designers have to make something not sexy. I mean, c'mon, for all it's ruggedness, the Hummer is still sexy; it still says, "I can get you laid". I like when designers are challenged to push themselves in an opposite direction to make an unattractive device... Theft-Proof Projector
#

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home